Cellulite & Fat Reduction
Is it time to sculpt your body and reduce cellulite?
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a non-invasive and relatively painless procedure that involves micro-injection of water soluble, non-allergenic enzymes, lypolytic and fat dissolving chemicals into the mesoderm of the skin. It enhances the body’s circulatory and lymphatic systems, resulting in a reduction of localized fat & cellulite. Cellulite occurs when connective tissue bands that hold down the skin trap bulging bundles of fat and create the “dimpling effect”.
How does it work?
The area to be treated receives multiple injections of a medication designed specifically for the area of concern. Fat and cellulite will be dissolved and removed by the circulatory and lymphatic systems.
How many treatments are required?
- A test spot will be done before treatments occur.
- The number of treatments will be prescribed by Dr. Kirsten and will depend on the area being treated.
- Under eye fat pads will show an improvement after 1-2 treatments.
- Larger areas on the body may require 4-6 treatments. Treatments every 2-4 weeks.
- Lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise will also assist in maintaining results.
- We carry anti-cellulite products that will help keep your skin looking smoother after treatments.
What to expect during treatment?
The skin can be prepared with a local anaesthetic, if preferred, and then sterilized prior to the injections. Medication is injected with very fine needles just below the skin surface. Ice may be applied during injections to enhance comfort and reduce swelling. Loose fitting clothing is recommended.
Massage is helpful 72 hours after treatment.
How much down time?
Very little down time. Regular activities can be returned to immediately. Side effects – potential for tenderness, itching, localized redness and swelling and bruising.
What areas can be treated?
Stomach, thighs, love handles, saddle bags, bra bulge, knees, double chin, face, neck, arms, back, and fat pads beneath the eyes.