What is soft tissue filler?
Dermal Fillers consist of hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in the body. It is a clear gel, derived from sugar, that is used to add volume and hydration to the skin.
Fillers are used giving a younger appearance by filling and softening fine to deep facial wrinkles most commonly around the mouth (nasolabial folds also know as smile lines).
As we age facial volume is lost and the skin sags due to deterioration of collagen and elastin fibers. This volume can be restored with filler to give a natural lift to the face without surgery.
Cheeks can be enhanced and jawlines more defined for that youthful look. Lost fullness and definition can be brought back to your lips. Acne scars can be filled as well as creases in aging earlobes.
How does it work?
The filler is injected beneath the skin to fill out wrinkles, contour the face by adding volume and enhance lips.
What to expect during treatment?
Freezing may be applied first to sensitive areas before filler is injected.
The filling may take 30 to 60 minutes. There may be slight bruising at injection sites. Lips may be swollen for a couple of days depending upon the amount injected.
How much downtime?
Very little downtime, with possible slight swelling and bruising at injection sites which can be covered with makeup.
What areas can be treated?
How long will results last?
9-12 months or longer.
- Are you concerned about how your skin looks, how it is aging?
- Wondering what can be done about fine lines and wrinkles – the treatments and products that can help?
- Do you have problems with acne or rosacea?
- Unsightly legs veins or undesirable scars and stretch marks bothering you?
- Unwanted hair, cellulite, and fat a problem?
- Want to know the latest on bio-identical hormones and how they could help?
- Need a second opinion about your concerns?